Sales, Service & Buying
Learn the inner workings of the wine business in this hands-on and interactive Sales, Service and Buying Course. Geared toward the trade professional, SSB provides a foundation of skills and knowledge needed to successfully run a beverage program.
This 10-week program introduces students to core concepts related to:
- State Liquor Authority Laws | Building A Wine Program
- Building A Wine Program | Pricing, Margins & Budgeting
- Buyer Relationships
- Maintaining Your List | Inventory Management | Inheriting A Program
- Midterm Assignment & Practicum
- Table Service & Sales
- Table Service & Sales Practicum
- Champagne Service
- Decanting | Sommelier Tools
- Final Exam
- Take-home list building assignments
- Service practice
- Final Exam with theory and service components
While recommended for junior professionals, this series is also open to the curious consumer. An intermediate level of wine knowledge is assumed.
The ultimate goals are to set standards, better prepare the professional, and improve the consumer wine experience overall.
- Confident in their knowledge of State Liquor Authority laws
- Prepared to develop and maintain a wine list
- Able to price products appropriately
- Trained in inventory management
- Proficient in white tablecloth table service, sparkling wine service and decanting
- Comfortable managing professional relationships
- Well prepared for effective, successful conversations with customers
2015 Sales, Service & Buying Schedule
|Day||Time||Start Date||End Date||Location|
|WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON THE NEW CALENDAR|
Members: $1,215 | Non-members: $1,350
Need help financing your education? We offer Financial Aid.